The Madison County Detention Center is dedicated to serving and protecting the public. Our mission is to house the adults accused or convicted of committing criminal acts and civil violations. Through training, dedication and professionalism we serve the needs of inmates, officers and the public.
The Madison County Jail is used to house individuals accused of, or convicted of, committing crimes. This services is provided for agencies both in and out of Madison County including the Rexburg Police Department, Immigration detainees, Saint Anthony Work Camp, Teton County as well as other neighboring counties.
Some of the duties of Detention Deputies include:
- Intake of new inmates, to include searching booking, fingerprinting and photographing.
- Inmate releases.
- Supervise and escort prisoners to and from court, medical care, visitations, and exercise.
- Inspecting all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Entering and responding to correspondence between inmates and the facility.
- Receiving inmate commissary money.
- Clothing exchange and feeding of inmates.
- Update and maintain daily jail records.
- Routing jail checks and inspections.
- Report any and all incidents occurring in the facility.
- Transportation of inmates - locally and out of state extraditions.
- Work closely with the defense attorney, mental health counselors, AA counselors, local clergy, and many other members of the community who offer services to the facility.